Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dinner at Little Creatures Dining Hall


Saturday I had promised to go to the footy at the 'G with the boyfriend, afterwards we met up with a group of friends to say good-bye to my boyfriend who is going on an extended holiday to Europe next week. The footy was good, my boyfriends club won. Happy boyfriend, happy me. But I can tell you, it was freezing out there and with the prospect of going out directly afterwards I didn't really want to wear the usual long sleeve shirt, jumper, jumper, jeans, warm socks, boots and down jacket. So by the time the footy was finished I had frozen to a Popsicle.

We went out for dinner, the others had all been to Little Creatures on Brunswick St before, but for me it was the first time.

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I loved the feel and atmosphere of the whole place.

We arrived fairly early at 6pm as they don't take bookings and we were a group of seven, but we were lucky enough to get a table straight away.

The service was ok, it took us a while to place our orders, but the place was pretty busy. My friends drank their way through the extensive list of beers on tap, I chose a glass of sauvignon blanc, hat went quite well with my pizza.
The pizzas were AMAZING. I know it's just pizza, really, just a bit of dough with sauce and some toppings on top. But I can get pretty excited about really good pizza. (Has anyone ever tried the pizza from Earth 'n' Sea in Byron Bay?? OMG!)
Anyway, I opted for the Potato, rosemary and buffalo mozarella pizza and it was good! The other half went with the spicy meatball pizza, and you know how it is, I always have to reach and pinch one of his slices. I have to say, both pizzas were pretty great.
Unfortunately we decided to move on to the next watering hole, but next time I will definitely have the cinnamon doughnuts for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment